May 08, 2004

Hutton answers

Well Hutton himself doesn't actually answer but I wrote to the inquiry website on 19/4/2004 and they replied just the other day. Now read on....

Dear Sir/Madam

Lord Hutton (aka "Hutton") said that he would investigate the leaking of the Hutton Report (aka "Hutton") to a newspaper. I haven't heard anything about the "Hutton" investigation into "Hutton". I wonder, has "Hutton" done a "Hutton" on "Hutton"? Or was he serious about an investigation?

Yours faithfully

Mark Elf
www.jewssansfrontieres.blogspot.com

Here's the reply [name deleted to protect the innocent]

Thank you for your email of 19th April 2004 and I apologise for the delay in replying.

The investigation is still continuing into the disclosure by "The Sun" newspaper of some of the conclusions of Lord Hutton's report before its publication. In the light of the outcome, Lord Hutton will review what further steps he wishes to take.

I hope that this is helpful. [helpful? hmmm, not sure, what do you think?]

[Name here]

Inquiries Policy Division
Department for Constitutional Affairs
Selborne House
54-60 Victoria Street
London, SW1E 6QW

I'll see how people get on with The Guardian. slaughter saga and maybe run another £10 competition like guess when Hutton delivers his verdict on the leak. I'll think about that one. Hutton could tip someone off or pass himself off as someone else, take a guess, announce the findings and pocket my tenner. Hmmm, too risky. I'm gonna save my tenner.

No comments:

Post a Comment