Speakers for the motion:
* Professor Jacqueline Rose Writer and presenter of "Dangerous Liaison - Israel and America", Channel 4 (2002) and author of "The Question of Zion" (Spring 2005).
* Professor Avi Shlaim Professor of International Relations and Fellow of St Antony's College, Oxford, and author of The Iron Wall: Israel and the Arab World'.
* Amira Hass Correspondent of Ha’aretz Daily in the occupied territories, living for the last 10 years in Ramallah. She is the author of "Reporting from Ramallah".
Speakers against the motion:
* Melanie Phillips Daily Mail columnist, panellist on Radio 4's The Moral Maze and author.
* Shlomo Ben-Ami Former Israel Foreign Minister during the last phase of the peace negotiations. He has written extensively on Israeli affairs, and has just completed a book on the Arab-Israeli conflict.
* Professor Raphael Israeli Professor of Islamic, Middle Eastern and Chinese history at Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
The £20 pound challenge would have been for the lucky winner/s to find the £20 entrance fee for such an illustrious gathering. Unfortunately the challenge is already null and void for....."THIS DEBATE IS SOLD OUT".
Ok, so here's a ten pound challenge. Does anyone know where the back door is?