August 25, 2005

Has anyone read The Case for Israel?

Here's a comment to an earlier post
someone has just lent me a copy of "The case for Israel". I didn’t want to buy it. I have browsed through it and it looks just ridiculous. I have literally read about three sentences. One of them is "I have never heard a mere critic of Israel called anti-Semitic". I don’t know what to make of this. Maybe he mixes with extraordinarily unusual Zionists, but I think its likely he’s not telling the truth. My experience is that many (most?) Zionists do this at the drop of a hat. It has even made indirectly on this blog.
anyway, I'm expecting to have an amusing and irritating time reading it. Maybe Finkelstein is right and Dershowitz hasn’t written or even read the book. But I cant imagine it has take Finkelstein too much effort to demolish most of this shoddy bit of polemic. Unfortunately, I think many people will have read it and believed it.
Has anyone read it?
Not me, that's for sure.

I got Jacqueline Rose's The Question of Zion the other day and, maybe I'm too shallow, but I'm finding it kind of pretentious and possibly Judeo-centric.

No comments:

Post a Comment