October 10, 2005

Anti-zionist resources

I just had a comment setting out some books of interest to anti-zionists so here are some of them. I'm not necessarily recommending these but I would say they're worth a look at though I haven't read all of them.

The Transfer Agreement by Edwin Black. I have read his War on the Weak and I do recommend that. If it's as good as War on the Weak then it's certainly worth a look at.

Just about anything by Israel Shahak - That's not the name of a book. I have read one of them - Jewish History Jewish Religion - and you too can read it in full here. Sadly one of his books has a foreword by the leftist formerly known as Christopher Hitchens, I mean the Christopher Hitchens formerly known as a leftist.

Lenni Brenner
has produced some gems. I read his Jews in America Today back in the 1980s though it seems to have been updated since then and the copy I've linked is dated 2001. Also I can recommend Zionism in the Age of the Dictators which is a must read for details of nazi-zionist collaboration and it has some very useful footnotes. 51 Documents is very useful but it didn't do it for me as it shows (that's not to say it repeats because it doesn't) many of the documents alluded to in Zionism in the Age of the Dictators. One thing to highly recommend it though is the fact that one of the main British zionist groups, the Board of Deputies, tried to get Amazon to issue a health warning on it, saying that it was "dangerous and controversial. Well Lenni wasn't having that, because he hates to be "dangerous and controversial."

Last but not least for now is David Hirst whose most recent update of the Gun and the Olive Branch was in August 2003. I'm sure time hasn't withered it but it's still time for another I'd say.

Tell a lie - here's another that I really don't know anything about but the publishers sent me a shmoozy email. It's called Edges: O Israel, O Palestine and that's all I know of it.

Oops, and another. No list would be complete without The Myths of Zionism by John Rose even though the editor and the proof reader allowed Ber Borochov to slip through the net as Ben Borochov. Never mind, poet, raconteur and playright, Michael Rosen, found it a right riveting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment