December 01, 2005

Fat old Jewish New Yorker rejects "right of return"

I'm sure there are lots of Jewish guys in New York who reject the right of return for Palestinians but this guy is rejecting his own right under Israel's racist Law of Return.
People want to know what I, a Jewish guy, think about Israel.

I want to make something clear. I live in New York. I am from New York. I do not have a right and do not want a right to "return" to Israel. I never was there. I want to skip all the arguments about whether or not today's Jews descend from the people of the Old Testament. I don't care if I do or I don't. It doesn't matter nor should it.

The territory that is known to many as Palestine had been peopled by Arabic speaking folks for centuries, mainly they were Muslims, many were Christians, and a few of them Jewish too. Most of those people were kicked out of their lands and homes in 1948 by people like David Ben Gurion and Ariel Sharon and more were expelled in 1967. They are the ones who have a right to return, not me.
Not under Israel's racist laws they don't.

No comments:

Post a Comment