March 03, 2006

Independent letter

I had a letter in the Independent today and I didn't know til now because I always get the Jewish Chronicle on a Friday. Anyway here it is:
Starvation of Palestine

Sir: Like Leonard Doyle (report, 2 March) I am sure that the British government will support Israel in trying to starve the Palestinians. I'm not so sure the end result will be a "Jewish democracy". What kind of state is it that plunders the land and water resources of millions of people under its rule and then cuts the same people adrift in a cluster of non-contiguous reservations? The ethno-religious identity of the perpetrators of such colonial oppression might make it appropriate to call such a state "Jewish". But a democracy? No.

MARK ELF

DAGENHAM, ESSEX
The article I was responding to is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment