May 02, 2009

Thank the Guardian!

I remember when I was active with Arab Media Watch they used to send out action alerts to draw attention to this or that article that they thought was either good or bad. Well on those very rare occasions that they thought something was good they'd head the email "THANK THE GUARDIAN" or whatever. Well here's a letter to the Guardian doing just that:
Thank you for publishing Caryl Churchill's play Seven Jewish Children online. I knew there must be some reason I've been buying the Guardian for 40 years. Perhaps Channel 4 News will now have the courage to follow suit.
Eva Figes
London
It took them 40 years to do a decent thing? Goodness gracious! Maybe she should try the Independent, they have an anti-zionist article once every 20 years I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment