July 13, 2010

Deborah Fink not responsible for mobilisation email shock!

I got an email yesterday purporting to be from Deborah Fink and asking why I was doing nothing about a ludicrous article in the National Post (whatever it is and wherever it is based. My guess is Canada but I don't know).

This is what the email said:
Why aren't you joining us in refuting these canards?
I asked Deborah what she was talking about and she wrote to me saying that she hadn't sent the email at all and that it was a forgery.

Scrolling down the email I saw this:
You received this email because your friend debbie fink thought you would be interested in the article linked above.

© 2010 The National Post Company. All rights reserved. Unauthorized distribution, transmission or republication strictly prohibited.
So I am guessing someone simply input Deborah's details into one of those "email a friend" thingies complete with message bar. I have been on line since 1999 and blogging since 2004 and this is the first time I have received such a hoax though I did climb the walls recently worrying about a friend in Edenbridge asking me to send him a grand to Nigeria.

Anyway, if you get a nasty email from Deborah Fink, chances are it's a hoax. On the other hand, you might want to get out there and do something for the Palestinian cause so you'll know the email is nonsense whether Debbie sent it or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment