August 25, 2010

Jonathan Hoffman: an apology

Many thanks to an anonymous contributor calling themselves "zionist thug" in the comments to an earlier post for drawing my attention to this astonishing apology by Jonathan Hoffman, a Co-Vice Chair of the UK's Zionist Federation, in his Jewish Chronicle hosted blog:
On my Jewish Chronicle blog I described a photograph taken on 14 August 2010 at the pro-Ahava demonstration as "fraudulent". I also wrote "That photo was 'Photoshopped' -- and it is bloody obvious that it was 'Photoshopped' I do not discuss but I do identify lies and fraudulent Photoshopped photos."

These statements were entirely without foundation and I had made no attempt to check their accuracy. I accept that the photo was absolutely genuine and had not been tampered with in any way. The photographer, David Hoffman, is a well known and respected photojournalist and I apologise to him unreservedly for my hasty and unfounded comments and for the distress and embarrassment caused.
Now what photograph would that be? Could it be the one that appears quite prominently on Tony Greenstein's blog? This one:



Or are there other pictures that the Co-Vice Chair of the Zionist Federation takes issue with?

No comments:

Post a Comment