Fellow Egyptian citizens... we are your sons, your daughters, your brothers and sisters who are protesting in Tahrir square and other squares of Egypt, promise you not to go back to our homes until the demands of your great revolution are realized.
Millions have gone out to overthrow the regime, and so the matter goes beyond figures in particular to the whole administration of the Egyptian State, which was transformed from a servant of the people to a master of the them.
We have heard the president's disappointing speech. Moreover, really someone who has killed more than 300 youths, kidnapped and injured thousands more is not entitled to brag about past glories. Nor are his followers entitled to talk about the President's dignity, because the dignity, life and security of the Egyptian people is far more valuable than any single person's dignity no matter how high a position he holds.
Our people live though tragedy for a week now, since Mubarak's regime practiced a siege against us, releasing criminals and outlaws to terrorize us, imposing a curfew, stopping public transportation, closing banks, cutting off communications and shutting down the internet .. However, if it were not for the courage of Egyptian youths who stayed up nights in the People's Committees it would have been a terrible tragedy.
We want this crisis to end as soon as possible and for our lives and our families' lives to get back to normal, but we do not trust Hosni Mubarak in leading the transitional period. He is the same person, who refused over the past 30 years any real political and economic reforms, and he hired criminals to attack Tahrir square and the peaceful demonstrators there, killing dozens and injuring thousands – including women, elderly, and children.
Also, we will not allow the corrupt to remain in charge of the state institutions; therefore, we will continue our sit-in until the following demands are realized:
- The resignation of the President and by the way this does not contradict the peaceful transition of power nor the current constitution that allows and organizes this process.
- The immediate lifting of the state of emergency and releasing all freedoms and putting an immediate stop to the humiliation and torture that takes place in police stations
- The immediate dissolve of both the Parliament and Shura Council
- Forming a national unity government that political forces agree upon which manages the processes of constitutional and political reform
- Forming a judicial committee with the participation of some figures from local human rights organizations to investigate the perpetrators of the collapse of state of security this past week and the murder and injury of thousands of our people.
- Military in charge of protecting peaceful protestors from thugs and criminal affiliated with the corrupt regime and ensuring the safety of medical and nutritional convoys to civilians
- The immediate release of all political detainees and in their forefront our colleague Wael Ghoneim
Long live Egypt and tons of freedom, democracy and social justice
Made public at the press conference in El-Shorook Newspaper Headquarters.