July 07, 2011

Bob Marley prayed for Zion, Ziggy Marley plays for Zionism

I just read a comment saying that Ziggy Marley is to be playing two dates in Israel.  I remembered that years ago Marley jnr had played in Israel and it was considered such a coup for the entity that Shimon Peres came backstage to greet and thank him. According to the report I read at the time, (I can't find it now but I'm sure it was in The Guardian, maybe pre-internet days) young Ziggy was angry at having been used.  Googling for what I clearly remember I found that Ziggy is happy to make himself useful to the last of the colonial settler states. He even played Israel during the war on Lebanon in 2006. So I suppose there is no point in trying to appeal to the conscience of someone who clearly has no conscience. By the way, he sang No Woman No Cry for his Israeli audience in 2006.

Unlike those artists who don't announce their appearances in Israel on their gig lists, Ziggy is more than happy to announce his forthcoming concerts:

July 19, 2011: Tel Aviv, Israel

  • place: Barby Club
  • address:
  • city/country: Tel Aviv, Israel
  • time:
  • notes:



July 21, 2011: Jerusalem, Israel

  • place: Sacker Gardens
  • address:
  • city/country: Jerusalem, Israel
  • time:
  • notes:
There is a facebook page trying to appeal to whatever conscience Ziggy might have but since he has no conscience it's probably a waste of cyber space

No comments:

Post a Comment