July 02, 2006

Wikipedia, Google and Jews sans frontieres

Now here's a thing. I just had a quick look at my hits "by referrals" and one was from Wikipedia. When I clicked on the link it took me to a page (well about half a page) about Jews sans frontieres. As far as I can tell it only appeared today. I've reproduced the page here. You will see it's up for deletion. Quite honestly I don't know how it got there.
Jews sans frontieres

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia




Jews sans frontieres is a website and blog run by the anti-zionist Jewish activist Mark Elf. It is a play on the name Jeux Sans Frontieres which was an Anglo-French tv game, better known in the UK as It's a knockout, and also the name of a song by Peter Gabriel.

Jews Sans Frontiers is one of the leading campaign sites against zionism and anti-semitism. He has confronted individuals such as Gilad Atzmon, who in his website denies Mark's allegation that Atzmon is "deeply racist and Anti-Semitic" [1].

Mark Elf is opposed to "Jewish statehood because it cannot be had without continual colonial settlement, ethnic cleansing and racist laws". He scans the media, debunking propaganda and explicating the other Jewish perspective.


External Links


  • Official Site

  • BlogShare -Jews sans frontieres

  • Mark Elf's Letters The Guardian

  • "Yet another Sharon lie" Mark Elf, The Sunday Business Post
    Now, do you see where it says "He scans the media, debunking propaganda and explicating the other Jewish perspective." Well that's a bit of a quote from the blurby bit that you see under the title when you google Jews sans frontieres. It actually says "Mark Elf's iconoclastic anti-Zionist blog. He scans the media like no one else, debunking propaganda and explicating the other Jewish perspective." Now I've mentioned this before. Nowhere on my blog do I use that self-description, indeed self-praise, so it's all a bit of a mystery to me. If anyone cares to explain, please do so in the comments or by email. Thanks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment